Q. Who can join PCFA Online Community?
PCFA Online Community is open to everyone. The site has been developed for those impacted by prostate cancer, including diagnosed men, their carers, families and the broader community interested in knowing more about prostate cancer.
Q. How do I join PCFA Online Community?
- Go to http://onlinecommunity.pcfa.org.au and click on the blue JOIN tab on the top menu. To sign up, you will be asked to enter your email and a nominated password, and the “Captcha” word (to ensure you are a real user and not a robot!). You can also sign up with your Facebook account or Gmail account.
- If you signed up with your email address, then you will need to verify your email address by clicking on the link sent to the email address you provided.
- Please note if you haven’t received the email, check your spam or junk folder.
- After clicking the link, you are prompted to answer some questions to create your own profile. You may include as little or as much information as you like in this section.
- After entering your profile information you will be a member of PCFA Online Community, and will be able to access the Research Blog and Community Forum.
Q. I am having trouble signing up. What should I do?
If you are having trouble signing up to PCFA Online Community then get in contact with us and we will happily provide help over the phone or via email. You can call the PCFA team on 1800 22 00 99 (freecall) or email firstname.lastname@example.org (during business hours).
Q. I have not received an email from PCFA Online Community and cannot join up. What should I do?
Firstly, check you Spam or junk folder. If you cannot find an email from us, then please call or email us during business hours and we will help set up your account.
Q. I have joined PCFA Online Community. What do I do now?
After you joined PCFA Online Community, you should have received an email from us outlining how to best use the site (check your junk or spam folder if it is not in your inbox). As a member of PCFA Online Community you can now view, post and respond in our Community Forum. Your can also now read the full articles listed in the Research Blog.
Q. How can I change my display name (User Name)?
Click My Page and Edit Profile link or Click Edit Profile link from your Group Page-->Click Click Here to Edit link and under Full Name-->Type the name you would like show and click Update. Now, you will be listed in the members link with new updated user name.
Q. I am concerned about my privacy on PFCA Online Community. What should I do?
We want all members of our Online Community to feel safe and comfortable to share their experiences. If you would prefer to protect your personal details, then we encourage you to choose a username that does not reveal your full name. We understand that many members of the community may not want to share their personal experiences. If at any time you are concerned about your privacy on this site then call the PCFA team on 1800 22 00 99 (freecall) or email email@example.com (during business hours).
Q. What is a Forum?
A Forum allows users to create threads to discuss a range of topics. You can utilise the Forum to make announcements, to release news, and they are also a great place to connect with others on a range of topics. Any member can create a new Forum topic, or thread.
Forums can have a wide range of uses- members can discuss any range of issues relating to prostate cancer, can pose questions, post articles of interest, etc. All members are to abide by the House Rules of the Forum.
Site administrators can moderate viewers and content contribution.
Q. How can I create a new Forum thread within a Group?
Before creating a new Forum thread (or new discussion topic) in a group, you must be a member of that group. Then login to the website, go to Groups menu in the navigational bar and go to your Group. Click the Forum menu and click '+' on right hand side. Type the title of discussion topic, type contents in main body part of Forum. Here, you can insert images, videos or any links as well. Once you finish writing the content of the Forum, click Publish.
Q. How will the site be governed?
All content on the website will be reviewed regularly, and if deemed to be outside of the House Rules and site Terms and Conditions, the content will be frozen and immediate action taken with all involved parties. If you become aware of any content that falls outside of the House Rules and the site’s Terms and Conditions, you have a responsibility to contact PCFA immediately.
Q. How can I become a Group member or how can I join a group?
First, one must become a site member. To become a site member, click the blue JOIN tab. Once you become a site member, the administrator will make you a member of particular group. Please note at this stage the groups are closed to PCFA affiliated Support Group Leaders, Ambassadors and Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurses.
Q. Who can reply to a Forum post?
Any member can reply to a Forum thread, or can start a new Forum discussion topic.
Q. How can I edit a Forum post or a Blog comment?
Click the title of the Forum or a Blog comment, click pencil icon on the right hand side. It will take you to editing mode of a Forum or a Blog, edit the contents and click Update. If you forget to click Update, you won't see any new modifications.
Q. Can I delete the Forum post I have created?
Yes- click the title of the Forum post you have created, click the pencil icon on the right hand side, click delete the discussion or delete the page on bottom of page.
Q. Can I upload photos onto the site?
Yes, as long as the photos comply with the House Rules and the site’s Terms and Conditions, and associated social medial and professional conduct policies. Please make sure that photos are appropriate and in no way:
- violate any law, statue or regulation, or constitutes, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence;
- are defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- are harmful, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent;
- seek to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- seek to exploit or harm patients by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise.
Q. Can I reproduce images or logos that are on the website?
No, images or logos are not to be reproduced without the written permission of PCFA.