Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) is a broad based community organisation and the peak national body for prostate cancer in Australia. We are dedicated to reducing the impact of prostate cancer on Australian men, their partners and families, recognising the diversity of the Australian community.
Our Online Community has been developed to provide an accessible space for you to connect with others in the PCFA network. To keep you informed, tailored information and resources have been provided by the Support & Community Outreach Team, Director of Nursing and Scientific Writer.
SUPPORT & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
PCFA's Support and Community Outreach team aim inform and engage the community to reduce the impact of prostate cancer. In addition to managing the PCFA Online Community, the Support & Community Outreach team are responsible for a range of activities outlined in the profile below.
BRENT PATCHING | DIGITAL COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
Brent coordinates the development and moderation of the Online Community. He is available to provide help using the site or to assist resolve any issues you may have with PCFA's Online Community. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of PCFA’s Online Community
- Development of digital support projects such as Webcasts, Videos
Katie manages PCFA’s Ambassador program, along with our education and awareness events targeting specific population groups with higher needs. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating Ambassador presentations
- Distribution of ATSI Flipcharts
- Ambassador Training
NIKOLA ELLIS | COMMUNITY LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Nikola manages the delivery of Support Group Leader training across the Network and provides coaching for support groups when they face challenging situations. Key responsibilities include:
- Organising face-to-face Support Group Leader training and Network updates
- Providing high level phone-based consultation for Support Group Leaders
- Developing online training
Debra is the first point of contact for all Network enquiries and manages the Network Helpline. Debra can assist with general queries in the first instance or connect you with the relevant person. Key responsibilities include:
- Distribution of resources to the Network
- Out of Pocket Financial Assistance for support groups
- Maintenance of support group details
DANIEL MOORE | COMMUNICATIONS & ADMINISTRATION
Daniel provides communication, coordination and administrative assistance across all support and awareness programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination of the National Support & Community Outreach Committee
- Contributions to PCFA publications
- Community engagement through social media
WENDY WINNALL | SCIENTIFIC WRITER
Wendy writes the Research Blog for the Online Community. She presents the latest research in the prostate cancer field and discusses its significance for the community. Wendy encourages questions and discussion on the research blog site and can answer your queries about prostate cancer research.